March 01, 2019
1. How to make a Book Cover from Fabric: You can decide to embroider only the front OR front and back of your Book Cover. We chose 2 different Designs from our FEATHER FOUNTAIN QUILT Collection. For an A5 Book you need Fabric measuring approx: 18″ (46cm) width x 9.5″ (24cm) height.
2. After your Embroidery Design is complete, you can either overlock or zigzag the outer edge – All around.
3. With the Embroidered side facing you, fold the sides as shown in the image.
4. The width of the Cover should measure not less than 12.4″ (31.5cm) after both sides are folded in. Pin to keep in place.
5. Secure the 2 folded sides with a straight stitch on your sewing machine (hand stitches will work as well). Notice that the straight stitch should run approx 0.8″ (2cm) from the top and bottom edge.
6. As indicated in the images, only 4 sections need to be stitched, to keep the front and back flap in place.
7. Turn the Cover inside out. Use a sharp object eg letter opener or wooden skewer to push all 4 corners out.
8. Insert your Book and you have a Beautiful Quilted Book Cover.
9. I decided to Embellish this Cover with a Heart Shape Button.
10. The Elastic can be stitched to the back cover to Create a closure.
11. This is what the finished project looks like from the inside.
12. This is what the finished project looks like from the outside.
11. For a wider variety of Designs please visit www.astitchahalf.net I would love to see your Book Covers, so please send your Project Photos to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your Project!
March 04, 2019
Hallo Sonja, baie dankie vir jou pragtige boodskap, dit beteken vir ons baie! Dit is so lekker om te deel wat vir ons van waarde was:-)
Hi Mary Allen, thank you so much for your kind feedback. You are very welcome! It is only a pleasure to create Designs that you can enjoy:-)
This looks so fabulous. I can’t wait to try it out.. Thanks for the wonderful designs.
Dit is So Mooi..Baie dankie vi die PDF..Love dit
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 15, 2020
Thank you very much for your lovely project of our Japanese Fan Reverse Applique Decorative Pillow Rosemary.
"I just love the personal touch you added to the project Rosemary"
May 29, 2020
Get Started: I decided to painted the Pink areas 1st, from dark Pink to lightest Pink. Using the same Pigment, I mixed a few shavings of (0700 Fuchsia) Block with about a Teaspoon of Aloe Gel. This ended up....read more
May 15, 2020
What is lovely surprise to receive this stunning "Winter Tears ITH Wrist Clutch" project from my friend Diane.
"Well done Diane!! I just love the vinyl and color combo you used. Your idea turned out so well." From Annemarie