March 01, 2019
1. How to make a Book Cover from Fabric: You can decide to embroider only the front OR front and back of your Book Cover. We chose 2 different Designs from our FEATHER FOUNTAIN QUILT Collection. For an A5 Book you need Fabric measuring approx: 18″ (46cm) width x 9.5″ (24cm) height.
2. After your Embroidery Design is complete, you can either overlock or zigzag the outer edge – All around.
3. With the Embroidered side facing you, fold the sides as shown in the image.
4. The width of the Cover should measure not less than 12.4″ (31.5cm) after both sides are folded in. Pin to keep in place.
5. Secure the 2 folded sides with a straight stitch on your sewing machine (hand stitches will work as well). Notice that the straight stitch should run approx 0.8″ (2cm) from the top and bottom edge.
6. As indicated in the images, only 4 sections need to be stitched, to keep the front and back flap in place.
7. Turn the Cover inside out. Use a sharp object eg letter opener or wooden skewer to push all 4 corners out.
8. Insert your Book and you have a Beautiful Quilted Book Cover.
9. I decided to Embellish this Cover with a Heart Shape Button.
10. The Elastic can be stitched to the back cover to Create a closure.
11. This is what the finished project looks like from the inside.
12. This is what the finished project looks like from the outside.
11. For a wider variety of Designs please visit www.astitchahalf.net I would love to see your Book Covers, so please send your Project Photos to me at email@example.com
Enjoy your Project!
March 04, 2019
Hallo Sonja, baie dankie vir jou pragtige boodskap, dit beteken vir ons baie! Dit is so lekker om te deel wat vir ons van waarde was:-)
Hi Mary Allen, thank you so much for your kind feedback. You are very welcome! It is only a pleasure to create Designs that you can enjoy:-)
This looks so fabulous. I can’t wait to try it out.. Thanks for the wonderful designs.
Dit is So Mooi..Baie dankie vi die PDF..Love dit
Comments will be approved before showing up.
November 23, 2020
November 02, 2020
October 19, 2020
My friend Maria sent us these endearing photos of the delightful "Baby Giraffe Reading Pillow" she made for her granddaughter.
Bravo Maria, she is one lucky little lady!! And you showed us that, even on a tight budget, a person can make a stunning project.....